A Blog about The World FUCKING Champion Philadelphia Phillies, from an obsessed fan's perspective.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Flyers vs Penguins, AAA Baseball, Drunk in Public

So, I'm sitting here not knowing what to do with myself. No Phillies baseball the past two days, and I already don't know what to do with myself. I have no idea what I did to pass the time from October 29th until April 5th this year. I think I blacked out for like 6 months and came to in spring training.

With no Philly baseball tonight due to the rain, I was able to watch the Flyers/Penguins game, if you wanna call that a game. Don't get me wrong, I don't know much about hockey. I just started watching it last year, and started following the Flyers because Indy doesn't have a pro team and I read all about them on The 700 Level and The House That Glanville Built. It only made sense. Plus, Riley Cote is a fucking beast and I love seeing him whoop that ass.

Sadly, I won't be able to see the game on Friday night as I've got 3rd row box seats to see, brace yourself, the Indianapolis Indians take on the Louisville Bats. Triple A ball at it's finest. Basically, it'll be a drunken time and we've got 12 people going. We pretty much bought the entire row out. Twelve 21-23 year olds, the majority of them will have been drunk since mid-afternoon, at a minor league baseball game. Every time we go, people hate us. We usually clear out half the section before the 5th inning. Double fisting $8 beers and sneaking in bottles of liquor strapped to our legs. Faces painted, profanity flying. Heckling players. Oh god, how people hate us. And, thanks to the internet on cell phones now a days, I can get any information I need on any player to use for heckling. Last years batting average? Check. Hometown? Check. College? Check. Mother's maiden name? Check. Let's just say, we cause a scene. Moral of the story? We're "those guys."

Sadly, I won't be able to see the Phillies game on Friday, live anyway. I'll have to catch it on mlb.tv on Saturday in the archives. It'll be the first game of the year that I'll have missed. However, this game is one I just can't pass up. Andrew McCutcheon is the star of the Indians and is ranked the 12th best prospect in the country, so it'll be cool to see him a few times before he gets called up to the Pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment